Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Your Typical Fairytale!

    Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl, Erin and Tony, these two beautiful people fell in love. They began to date, then got engaged, married and then had a baby boy... The end!! 

JUST KIDDING! 

    Seriously though.... I met my husband at a sort of mutual friend's missionary homecoming party at the end Feb 2010. I had a ride home from this event (my sister who I came with had a wedding to attend and left early) who totally bailed on me, so I was now at this party where I didn't really know anyone. So the evening goes on and the party eventually came to an end. I was sitting there on a couch, contemplating how I am going to get home because my ride had left the party to visit a friend, when I see these 2 guys being dorks and going crazy over popping balloons. Weirdos. (I did find it rather entertaining to be honest) As these two friends are popping the balloons, or at least trying to attempt popping them, one of the guys (Tony, if you didn't figure that out) came over to me and asked for a toothpick.... I told him "no sorry I just tossed mine and couldn't see the container of them" but really?? Random!!!! (This is an inside joke for us so I had to share that part of how I first meet him)  

     The evening went on and we all ended up at our friend's house playing "typical Mormon YSA games" until I had to go home. Tony and I had talked a lot during the impromptu game night because those kind of games weren't our thing. We switched numbers and he some how ended up giving me a ride home that night! 

    Was it love at first sight? No. Not really... Definitely a connection though! In one evening I had really learned to like this man, who practically saved me from a grounding (I was in high school still... Did I mention that?), since I had a curfew still. He is sort of was like my "Knight in shining armor!"... Even his noble steed (his car) was white! Ha.
As soon as Tony dropped me off that night I knew there something special about him, so I actually walked straight to my room and prayed about him... I got only good feelings...

    We practically talked/texted every day since that day on! About two week later he came over in the evening to meet my parents and hang out. After he was about to head home, it was March 15th now, when he asked me to come sit in the car with him for a few minutes to talk. He opened my side of car,  I hopped in and he did the same on his side. We just sat there and talked for 30mins when finally he said,"do you know why I came over tonight?" And I had told him to meet my family and hang out... But he told me "nope... Well yes, but because I wanted to make sure I asked you out in person!" At that point I knew he was the one! I felt like guys just don't do that anymore... It also didn't help everyone I dated was in high school or immature. 

    A month went on and Tony was contemplating getting a new job. Well this new job required him to be gone a lot, so one evening Tony came to my house and asked me how I felt about him taking a job that would require him to be gone so much. Honestly, I knew he hated his job and I didn't mind the sacrifice of not being able to see him everyday, which is what I told him. At that moment Tony told me "I LOVE YOU" for the first time.... I had already known I had love for him but was waiting to know if it was mutual. Needless to say I was on cloud 9... It was probably the best night of our relationship at that point.

    It was fun that he travelled for his new job because I remember after I graduated high school he took me on a day road trip to visit where he worked,  he thought it was so pretty I needed to see it. We went to the LDS Oakland temple, saw the Golden Gate Bridge and so much more. It was a fun road trip and great bonding experience:) 

Graduation-2010

Oakland temple (and first photo ever taken together... Whaaaat?!) lol

    On September 11, 2011 Tony took me to Disneyland for my birthday!  Best gift ever... Or so I thought!! 
We spent our first day at Disneyland and it was so much fun showing Tony, my best friend, the place that made me the happiest! I remember Tony telling me it made him happy to see me so happy, but it was true, I was in Disney magic heaven! 
As we were headed to the park again for day 2, of our trip, Tony asked if I wanted to go take pictures in front of the castle before anything else so he could have a pic of me for his wallet! I said of course and we headed to get the picture done. 
    So I take a picture by myself like he requested and then he asks the Disney photographer if he could hop in one. Tony came and joined me for a photo. We actually took a few before he turned to me and said "Erin I love you so much." And me, trying to take this photo thing seriously says quickly "yeah love you too." His response, "no I really do love you Erin and want to spend my eternity with you." At that point his was getting down on his knee and I thought he was joking since he did that all the time... But eventually I caught on and said speechlessly "yes!!" 

The picture Tony made me take alone. Lol
Asking me to Marry him! 


I said "YES!!l"

    9 months later of fun, stressful, crazy wedding planning, we got married in the LDS San Diego temple, June 22, 2012! It was the most beautiful moment of our lives. 
Mr. & Mrs. Chavez <3

    We had our reception the next day back in Fresno, CA. It was fun and a lot of work! I was definitely glad when it was all over and I got to enjoy being married to my new husband!! 



Reception photos 


   We honeymooned at Disneyland, Universal studios Hollywood and the beach. It was a lot of fun and nice to get away from the our normal world for 7 days!

Honeymooning!

    We have now been married for a happy, almost, 3years in June! 
We have the most adorable baby boy, Elijah, who we were blessed with in April 2014. 



We can't have asked for a better life as our "Happily Ever After" continues! <3 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It was fun writing this and reminiscing the past! <3

      Delete